The ComponentPro Component Installer copies all necessary files into the product's installation folder. The next step to do to begin using ComponentPro's components is to add the appropriate assemblies to your project. Follow the steps below to to this.
Creating a new C# Project
- Start Visual Studio.
- Select File->New->Project.
- Under "Project Type", select "Visual C# > Windows".
- Enter the name of the project you want to create and the location where it will be created.
- Click on the "OK" button to create.
Adding appropriates assemblies to your project
- Select the "Add Reference" option from your "Project" menu. This can also be done by right-clicking on the "Reference" menu in the "Solution Explorer" and selecting the "Add Reference" option.
- Select the ".NET" tab in the "Add Reference" dialog.
- Select ComponentPro.Mail.dll, ComponentPro.Network.dll, and ComponentPro.Common.dll from the list.
- Click on the "OK" button.
Now you can add using directives to your code to create aliases for existing namespaces and avoid having to type the fully qualified type names.