This tutorial will walk you through creating a Web Application and add Imap library to it.
Creating a new project and adding IMAP library to it
- Start the Visual Studio .NET.
- From File menu, choose New, then choose Project.
- From the Project Creation dialog box, choose either Visual C# Projects or Visual Basic Projects then choose ASP.NET Web Application. Specify a name and a location for the project, then click OK.
- Now add IMAP library to your web application. To do this, add references to ComponentPro.Mail.dll, ComponentPro.Network.dll, ComponentPro.NetworkSecure.dll, and ComponentPro.Common.dll assemblies. Please see Installation instruction for C# and Installation instruction for VB.NET for more details.
- Now make a quick application to test. Drag a Button and a Label onto the form.
- Add the following code to the button "OnClick" event handler. This code is for obtaining information about the "INBOX" mailbox.
- Compile and execute the application by navigating to the Debug menu and choose Start. Click the button and you should see a message indicating the number of recent messages in the mailbox in the label control.