This tutorial will walk you through creating a Web Application and add Zip library to it.
Creating a new project and adding ZIP library to it
- Start the Visual Studio .NET.
- From File menu, choose New, then choose Project.
- From the Project Creation dialog box, choose either Visual C# Projects or Visual Basic Projects then choose ASP.NET Web Application. Specify a name and a location for the project, then click OK.
- Now add ZIP library to your web application. To do this, add references to ComponentPro.Zip.dll, ComponentPro.Common.dll, and ComponentPro.FileSystem.dll assemblies. Please see Installation instruction for C# and Installation instruction for VB.NET for more details.
- Now make a quick application to test. Drag a Button and a Label onto the form.
- Add the following code to the button "OnClick" event handler. This code is for adding a file to a ZIP file.
// Create a new instance.
Zip zip = new Zip();
// Create a new zip file.
// Add a single file into the archive.
// Add a single file into the archive with the specified name.
zip.AddFile(@"C:\test.txt", "my folder/my file");
label1.Text = "Files have been added successfully";
// Close the zip file.
- Compile and execute the application by navigating to the Debug menu and choose Start. Click the button and you should see a message indicating that the files have been successfully added to the ZIP file in the MessageBox.